Instructions for Calculating Beam & Carried Spans
- Refer to the above illustration to determine the beam
/ header needed for your application.
- Determine the beam / header span (length) and the span
carried (supported) by the beam / header.
- Click on the appropriate beam, this will take you to the
calculation table for your project.
- The column on the left of each chart labeled BEAM SPAN
represents the beam length (with bearing) required
for your project.
- The top column labled SPAN CARRIED BY BEAM determines
the span supported by your beam.
- The box on the chart that matches across your beam span
and down from the span carried represents the Better Header®
product which suits your needs.
- Use BEAM LEGEND chart for description of Better Header®
beam number(s) that will best suit your application.